I am not sure about you but we seem to have an overwhelming amount of bananas lately. Instead of throwing them into a smoothie or topping my oatmeal with them, I decided to make a chocolate banana bread with no refined sugars. I was inspired by Delightful Plate for this recipe.
A delicious, easy, kid friendly gluten free chocolate banana bread that the whole family will love. It is moist and full of flavor that would be great with a cup of coffee in the morning or as a late afternoon snack.
- 1 1/4 cup of Gluten Free Flour (I used King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Measure For Measure Flour)
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- pinch of ginger powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Monk Fruit Blend Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a loaf pan with avocado oil.
- In a medium size bowl add flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Sift all ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients until combined.
- In a larger bowl, mash the 3 bananas until there are no large lumps.
- Mix in the melted butter with the bananas until combined. Then stir in the egg and Monk Fruit.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5-10 min and then gently remove it from the pan. Allow the loaf to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
The best part is my kids loved this as an afternoon treat and I enjoyed a slice with my morning coffee the next day. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.